Embedded Java Developer Automotive | Rijswijk
Company & Products
The electric car world has been evolving strongly for a number of years, which has resulted in a growing demand for car-chargers. Our team is specialized in the research and development of high-speed car chargers. Our goal is to be globally applicable and interoperable with all electric-vehicles that allow plug-charging.
By using 3 different plugs with their own protocols and certification, our charger can be used worldwide. The system consists of several hardware layers to enable high-tech accessibility, like internet, high voltage, fast-charging, car-diagnostics, remote control ( Bluetooth / Internet ) and more.
Team & Position
Of all layers, there is one layer in charge of all power, data and software-management. We enabled non-existent possibilities by using Java instead of common C/C++ for this embedded system. The possibilities are endless and we are concepting new / open source features, for future deliveries.
You will join a team of 25 engineers that are educated and experienced computer scientists, data-engineers and electronics engineers. The team is pretty self-steering and reports to the scrum-master, who in turn reports to the product owner and R&D manager.
Expectations & Requirements
You will be designing and developing embedded applications for our high-end charging equipment, with (virtual) international colleague, within a dynamic and changing environment. We expect the following will suffice:
– BSc or MSc degree in Computer Science or equivalent
– 4+ years of experience as professional java developer
– 2+ years of experience with embedded software development
– Design algorithm for and within restrained environments (Embedded)
– High standards / Quality Coding skills (clean code, principles, design patterns)
– Work and cooperate in an international remotely divided team
– Self-reliance and independency within a dynamic environment
– Fluent in the English language
– Residential in Zuid-Holland / The Hague / Rotterdam region
The following is nice-to-have
+ C++ within Embedded Systems
+ Strong knowledge of (Embedded) Linux
+ Agile / Scrum principles
+ DevOps engineering
+ Dutch Speaker
We are aware of the fact that we have a lot of requirements in this vacancy. If you do not fully meet the requirements, do not hesitate to contact us and discuss the possibilities
Offer & Reward
– Being part of state-of-the-art R&D project
– Career / Resume boosting experience
– Dynamic and challenging job
– International engineering team to work with / learn from
– Gaining experience as Low-level Embedded Java developer
– High-end working station + R&D laboratory
– Access to the latest electrical-automotive tooling
– Leave the office with a fully charged car
– Salary up to €5.500,- a month
– Holiday pay + 13th month in the end of the year
– 40 holidays
Are you interested? Please contact Benjamin de Vries (088 – 321 8 123 or 0639863838) for more information about this vacancy or email your resume to [email protected] you can also upload your resume at www.starapple.nl. You will be called within 24 hours if we see opportunities for you.