For my client I am looking for a Freelance Data engineer. The client wants to make sure their customers have an easy overview of their mortgage suppliers and personal finances. They connect multiple suppliers, banks and trading platforms in one easy to use application. Of course this presents a real challenge in the area of data engineering.
They are looking for a data engineer to make sure their dedicated data platform is running smoothly.
What are you going to do?
You play a key role in the maintenance and development of the smart data platform that contains machine learning application. You will be designing, testing and maintaining the data driven platform and it’s applications. You love to puzzle with the combination of microservices, scalability and performance optimization. Because of the huge amounts of data one of their biggest challenges is to provide a low latency solution to the customers. You have dealt with this before or have a keen interest in this sort of subjects. Of course you have affinity with machine learning and now your basics.
What do we need from you?
- You have a proven track record as a data engineer in organizations that use high end data driven applications.
- You have a degree in software engineering (or a similar education)
- You have experience in organizations that are currently using or adopting microservices.
- Experience with tools like Kafka, Kubernetes, Cassandra, AWS cloud environments.
- Experience of principles like KISS, DRY or YAGNI
Location: North-Holland (mostly remote, but 1 or 2 days on location)
Duration: 6 months with a possibility of an extension
Hours a week: 32/40
Hourly rate: Open to discussion